Private Moments: Love Letters & Reflection

What great joy to re-read old love letters and then to think reflectively about what these early letters meant and mean in our married life TODAY. After reading through the letters I collaged bits & pieces onto a journal page; added a photo of each of us from that time-frame, and then began to think about what all this was saying/meaning. I chose the symbols of the sunflower (the official state flower of my childhood home/Kansas) and the movement of the wave (to represent Southern California and my beloved's childhood home). I'm sure there's probably another layer that could be added on top of this...for now, this is what I'm thinking and feeling.

Sunflower and waves: KS meets So Cal.

Stenciling: Kansas Girl Loves So Ca Boy

The background...love letters and two old photographs.
The finished page.